Thursday, February 22, 2007

HOMEGOING OF HOMER ARTHUR GORDON

Tonight Karen and I visited with the family of my dad's brother, Homer Gordon. Homer passed on this past Tuesday. His body lies in state at the Boyd Funeral Home in Ashland City, TN. Visitation is tonight from 5-8 pm and all day Friday until the funeral at 7 pm. The graveside service will be 10 am Saturday morning at the Pleasant Hill cemetary. It was good to see the many family members and friends, yet it was a sad but happy time. Homer was a dedicated Christian man and his children testify to the fact. His son we call Bubba said tonight, "People tell me I keep them laughing like my dad and I don't think of anyone in this world I would rather be like." Thats a powerful statement from a son. The three daughters were there along with Paul, his only surviving brother and two sisters, Pearline and Betty. Two other sisters were unable to attend (Katherine and Gladys both in their 80's. Many other of my cousins were there too numerous to mention and besides I can't remember them all.

Homer is resting with the Lord. We are praying for the family.

No comments: