Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today is another awesome day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Our service last night was very short. We had a good time of singing and a short devotion by my wife and then she suddenly announced something from the pulpit. I was surprised by a birthday party from the church. A BIG THANK YOU to all the fine folks at Huntingdon Church of God of Prophecy.

It is amazing how the 1970's and 80's seem only a very few years ago. When I passed the 40 year mark someone gave me a mug which said, "lordy, lordy someone's 40." When I passed the 50 year mark, my second daughter, Heather, gave me a mug which said, "the legend lives on." I wonder what I will get when I turn 60. Well, 56 is not too far away.

I am thankful for the all the wonderful people here at Huntingdon. We are blessed to be here with such great people. They are seeking to have a vibrant local church reaching out to the community. I hope this day will be one the best for you. Until next time. God bless you and if you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior - you can.

Remember these dates: October 8, 4-7 pm Fishers of Men Fish Fry, October 15, 5pm until, Community Fellowship Block Party, October 23, Homecoming. For further information see the previous posts.